The Kano School
In the early-mid 5th century, a family called the Kano rose in nobility with the support of the Ashikaga shoguns and the local daimyo. As they rose in the Japanese Society, a member of the Kano family named Kano Masanobu established the Kano School, which was located in Kyoto. This school was a group of professional painters who were famous for their style and paintings. Adding onto that, it was also divided into two branches; the Kano and the Tosa. In 1600 AD, the main branch of the Kano School was moved to Edo, as the Tosa School stayed in Kyoto.